Circa 2014 -2015
Arecibo Radio focused on underground and niche programs dedicated to certain cultures, communities, and forums that often have deep roots and ties with such communities
Content is from the site's 2014 - 2015 archived pages.
Listen to the Stream
We've recently changed the stream URL, so make sure you re-download the playlist files below. These files will open the stream in your favorite media player. The best way to listen to the stream is in a dedicated media player like Winamp, iTunes, VLC, or Windows Media Player.
Come join us in our live chat on IRC. During a show you will be able to chat directly with other listeners and the DJ/Host of the show, as well as any special guests and artists. You can either open the webchat in a new window, go to the Live Chat page with the webchat embedded, or (the recommended option) use an IRC client program and go to #areciboradio on EsperNet.
"We ran ads on the air and on this website and can attest to the effectiveness of those ads. We wanted folks searching for night cleaning jobs near me and by the results we can tell you that the listeners to this content are eager to work. We contract out janitorial and other cleaning jobs to local businesses and got overwhelmed when that new industrial park opened up. Every business needs a cleaning contractor, and we're that service!
What is Arecibo Radio?
Arecibo Radio seeks the odd, the strange, the outlandish, the unknown, and the oft-disregarded. We focus on underground and niche programs dedicated to certain cultures, communities, and forums that often have deep roots and ties with such communities.
On November 16th 1974, a radio message was transmitted from the Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico into outer space in an attempt to communicate with an extraterrestrial intelligence.
On July 8th 2009, radio telescopes around the world began receiving a transmission of an unknown origin. When decoded, the message was identified as an audio signal.
Due to similarities in the way the signal was encoded, it was determined that it was associated with the radio message transmitted from the Arecibo Observatory in 1974. Since then, the message has been referred to as the Arecibo Radio Transmission.
On August 14th 2009, Arecibo Radio was created as both an archive, and a real time broadcast of the unknown message.
The message has never stopped transmitting since first being detected.
It's source is still unknown. Welcome to Arecibo Radio.
- n0c - Owner / Co-Founder / Manager / Web Developer / Brand Designer
- Although the idea for this radio station partly came from his mind, n0c's original role was as the website designer/developer. In those early days, the website was very simple and not very well made, but it served it's purpose. As time went on, n0c shouldered more and more responsibility. Today he owns and runs the website and the stream. n0c is also the only one of the original founders still actively involved in the station.
- spaceghost - Co-Founder / Assistant Manager
- An odd beast even before his Pacific travels, spaceghost no doubt had very good taste in music, and a great ability to find unique shows and talent. Almost all of the shows that first aired on Arecibo were possible because of spaceghost's interest in cool things. He is currently hunting a mysterious man named "Kioni" in Hawaii, although he does check in from time to time has returned to us!
- r3x / masamune - Original Owner / Co-Founder
- After the initial conversation, it was r3x's purchase of the domain name and hosting that got the ball rolling. Although active in the shaping of the station in those first few weeks, he soon retreated to the background, and after some time disappeared completely. Little has been heard of him since.
- Snowy - Honorary Co-Founder
- Even though Snowy was not a part of the initial conversation that started Arecibo, Snowy quickly became involved. He had already won the hearts of the official founders years before, and his involvement would no doubt help the station. Although his appearances on the station have been sporadic, his early involvement and dedication is enough to secure his honorary distinction.
- Sunday, July 31st
- Radio OverCoat/images
- Sunday, July 31st
- 10:00 PM, Eastern
- Nerdy Junk Food
- Tuesdayay, August 2
- 11:00 PM, Eastern
Arecibo Radio Interviews Bit Brigade at MAGFest 11
Featured Releases from 2015
Here is our collection of albums that have been premiered and/or had a listening party on Arecibo Radio. If you have an album that you would like featured in a listening party, either contact the host of the show that you would like the listening party on, or use our general email address firstname.lastname@example.org/images.
- BadAss: Volume II
- Various Artists (OverClocked ReMix)
- Released October 1st, 2013
- Spectrum of Mana
- Various Artists (Spectrum of Mana)
- Released September 28th, 2013
- Various Topics
- Released September 19th, 2013
- The First Step To Nowhere
- LuIzA 177
- Released August 24th, 2013
- Be Aggressive!: A Gunstar Heroes Tribute
- Various Artists (OverClocked ReMix)
- Released September 9th, 2013
- 2A03 Puritans
- Various Artists (bitpuritans)
- Released August 8th, 2013
- Waveform 4
- Joshua Morse
- Released August 2nd, 2013
- Spacious Anxious
- Released July 20th, 2013
- Ruby Dagger
- Starship Amazing
- Released July 16th, 2013
- Devised Dancefloor
- Babbe Music
- Released July 9th, 2013
- Mega Ran Japan Tour EP
- Mega Ran
- Released July 8th, 2013
- Seven Journeys to a New Home
- Released June 20th, 2013
- Mighty Switch Force 2 OST
- Released June 14th, 2013
- Ghost Party!
- Released June 10th, 2013
- When Late Becomes Early
- halc and Miearth
- Released June 9th, 2013
- PRIORITY ONE: The Music of TRON
- Released June 8th, 2013
- Blitz Lunar
- Released June 7th, 2013
- Tiny Barbarian DX: The Serpent Lord OST
- Jeff Ball
- Released June 6th, 2013
- World 1-2
- Various Artists (Koopa Soundworks)
- Released May 1st, 2013
- Quite Operational
- Released April 18th, 2013
Incorporated Village of Ghost - This Man Has No Dick (Radio OverCoat on Arecibo Radio)
Incorporated Village of Ghost had their track "This Man Has No Dick" played on air on Radio OverCoat, which is a show on the internet radio station Arecibo Radio. "This Man Has No Dick" is from Incorporated Village of Ghost's debut album, "Fuck It, I'm a Flamethrower", which you can pick up at their BandCamp page